Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The other night I was at a friends and we watched the film "Fields of Mudan". It is the story of a very young Asian girl who is forced into modern day slavery by a child brothel owner. The only solace she finds is through the memory of her Mother and the promise that she would one day find Mudan and take her away to America. She also develops a friendship with another young brothel girl. I can't say don't watch it, but I'm warning you that it will rip your guts out. For me it is a horror film. I myself have a young daughter approximately Mudan's age and when I saw Mudan on the screen my young daughter was staring back at me through her eyes. I left my friends house feeling as though I had been to a funeral. I wept and wept because that movie is some little girls true story and it could be happening in my own city. I also burned, my heart on fire with righteous indignation. Church of God listen to what God would have me say:
I tremble with righteous anger. Sword in hand, I make ready. The Lord of hosts sounds the battle cry. Who will take up arms and join this fight for justice? Awake o' numb ones. Open your eyes to the world around! A cry sounds for justice! There is blood in the streets. There is blood on our hands. We think we can wipe it off on a rag as though it's something that can wash away. It is something that can only be "done" away with; their blood will only be silent when something is done. Awake Church of Almighty God! Awake bride of Christ! If you remain asleep the consequences will be born for generations. I saw a picture of men and women roaming the streets, they were all grey and looked like death. They were ravenously seeking for something to prey on. Same perversity as in Sodom and Gomorrah. There is much to lose if we do not stand up against this! After the Lord showed me this, I tried to sleep, but I still didn't have peace. I got up and went in to kiss my girls and pray over them. I found them all fast asleep, but what was odd was they were wearing white wedding dresses; dress up clothes that I hadn't seen for months. I smiled and went back to bed and God said it symbolized hope and the Church of Christ. In her book "Marked", Faytene Kryskow quotes from Revelation 19 where it talks about the bride being ready, clothed in fine linen which is the righteous acts of the saints. She says, "the church that is truly washed clean will arise and clothe herself with a response and that response is...doing righteous acts." There is a parable found in Matthew 25:1-12. It is about ten virgins awaiting their bridegroom: 5 of them are ready when he comes and 5 of them are not. Wake up! Clothe yourself. You are the hope, you are the salt of the earth. You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment