Thursday, July 21, 2016

The World of the Awakened

They say the world is round. They say that if you travel far enough in one direction that you’ll end up back where you started. Have you tried? I have. I’m here to tell you that there is an end. There is a world that looks a little like ours but perfected in every way.
I was very young when I ran away. 
I was very young when I went searching for the end of the world. It didn’t take long to find out that the reality we live in is just a dream. Within this dream is a map of the other world, the world where we wake up. I know, you feel like this all sounds very mysterious, like a sci-fi story. It’s not. It’s truth. Many people have been there. You know them. They’re the crazy annoying ones. They’re ones that challenge and offend us. We want what they have but we’d rather sleep. 
It’s not a restful sleep or a sweet dream. It’s more like a hamster on a wheel, a lunatic banging their head against a wall. 
The signs pointing to the other world are everywhere. There are whole books written! Instead of following the books we change the words to match our dreams.
But I’ve been there and I don’t want to come back. I want you to come! I want you all to come.
Oh wait! I said the other world was perfect. It’s not. There’s one thing: I’ve seen you there. You’re asleep. Despite trumpets blaring, thunderings and singing, you sleep. I can’t feel sad there, no one can but I do wish you’d wake up.
I was very young when I ran away. 
I read in a history book that there was this man who came to our world, the dream world, and he walked among us awake. He interrupted our dreams to show us how to get to the world of the Awakened. We loved him and then we hated him and killed him. He loved us anyway. Even though he died he came back to life, he made a way to get to the end of the world and wake up. That’s what the book said. The book said that because he was awake that we could be awake too. He said that we would wake up others. He said that we would lead many people to the end of the world if we would believe the history book was true.
Even though I was young when I read the story, the hamster wheel dream had already tired on me. I longed to be awake!
Where were the people who could lead me there? I got the history book from The Dreamer’s Library. Had the people there been to the end of the world? The world of the Awakened? They gave me more books and I ran away to find it.
I know it’s tiring searching for the Awakened Ones so let me just tell you, there are many houses they claim to live in but when you go they’re all sleeping. One time I entered this house, you’re welcome to, any one is. The lights were all on, there was music playing. I entered the great hall and the Awakened One there was telling a beautiful story that should've woken every one in the room but they just slept on. It was hard to understand. I wondered if it was the air. I don’t know. Maybe I was just grasping. We all heard the same message about the world of the Awakened. Why did everyone want to sleep?
I zigzagged my was across the globe. I met many like me. It’s true! I’m not crazy. You understand that you are, right? You the sleepyhead, you are crazy. I met many like me. We traveled together and found the end of the earth, the Awakened Ones.
It’s perfect here (other than you sleeping). People are happy, healthy. We all prosper in every way. No sickness or pain. Ha! You don’t believe me! You think I’m dreaming. 
How can I wake you up? Will you pick up that history book again?
 Guess where the end of the world is? ...Just open your eyes.


“…your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven…” (Matt 6:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment